MCOT works with government, media, and community organisations to further the interests of Tasmanians with culturally, linguistically, and religiously diverse backgrounds.
By being a member of MCOT, you demonstrate that Tasmanians with diverse cultural, linguistic, and religious backgrounds are willing and able to work together to deliver better outcomes across Tasmania. When MCOT has a strong membership with a wide variety of backgrounds, MCOT’s voice to government is stronger.
By joining MCOT, you also demonstrate your support for a multicultural Tasmania.
- A vote in our Annual General Meeting (conditions apply for individual memberships)
- Advocacy on issues of concern to your communities and linking you with decision-makers
- Advice to help you build the strength of your community organisation
- Members receive a discounted rate for hiring the Multicultural Hub
- Project auspicing
- A monthly newsletter and members-only mail outs containing information on government grants, events, and multicultural news
- Public liability coverage for events and activities *
- Exclusive access to Multicultural Council of Tasmania small grants for activities promoting multiculturalism *
- Free use of two portable tables, available from our office in Hobart
- Promotion of events through our newsletter and Facebook page
- Listing of your group on our website
To join MCOT, or to renew your membership, please click on the link.
Pay by 31 July to get membership in the financial year commencing that July.
Payments from 1 August give rise to membership in the subsequent financial year.